Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa has been voted the “World’s Most Romantic Resort” at the World Travel Awards for eleven years. This is a very complete resort sitting on Dickenson Bay, one of the nicest beaches on an island known for its beautiful beaches. Two villages with accommodations from affordable to amazing, six pools, and a long beach make for spots that are active, lively, and have several hidden gems that are quiet and perfect for a good book. The Sandals experience includes snorkeling, scuba diving, eleven restaurants and six bars. It’s a personal favorite of mine because this is where I truly fell in love with the Sandals brand. I was a destination bride married at this Sandals back in 2008. Being a destination bride allowed me to experience Sandals as a client first then I became a Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Caribbean Specialist with Sandals & Beaches Resorts.
A Few Antigua & Sandals Fun Facts
- The official language is English.
- The time zone is Atlantic Standard time, which is 1 hour ahead of eastern standard time. Daylight savings time is not observed.
- It is pronounced An-tee-ga
- The temperatures range from mid-70’s to mid-80’s year round.
- Naval History abounds, it was once England’s Caribbean naval base.
- The island is almost completely surround by coral reefs, walls, and shipwrecks (great for diving). It is
approximately 108 square miles – 14 miles long by 11 miles wide.
- The capital is St. John’s.
- Sandals Grande Antigua has 374 rooms.
- It’s all about the beach! Antigua has 365 of them, one for each and every day of the year. (We recommend taking a catamaran cruise to view them all from the sea, and swim a few different ones.)
- Swim inside the calm, protected waters of the island’s Caribbean side.
- It has the whitest sand and calm clear turquoise water.
- You can easily island hop to St Lucia to Grenada and Barbados.
- The departure tax is approximately $20/pp.
Popular Antigua Tours
Below is a list of some of the most popular tours in Antigua. Allow us to price these through Island Routes prior to your arrival to guarantee your spot on the day/time you prefer.
- Deep Sea Sport Fishing Antigua
The captain on this voyage is a professional fisherman and knows the fishing grounds better than most, which provides an exciting day at sea for both seasoned anglers and beginners.
- Cades Reef Cruise
A sail along the coastline ends at Cades Reef, a two-mile barrier reef. Here guests will swim and snorkel seeing some amazing sea life in these pristine waters.
- Circumnavigation Cruise
Intrepid explorers cruise Antigua’s coastline and experience the merging of the rugged Atlantic and the tranquil Caribbean Sea.
Knot Your Average Events
Based in Whitsett, NC | Serving Worldwide
Phone: (910) 617-2271
Hours of Operation
Mon: 11am - 4pm (EST)
Tues: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Weds: 10am - 12pm (EST)
Thurs: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Fri: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Sat: Events or by appointment
Sun: By appointment only