Bahamas & Great Exumas
The Bahamas Experts
Did you know we were certified Bahamas Experts? Allow us to create your Bahamas Caribbean getaway easily by creating a FUN & relaxing adventure! Plus you get to enjoy paradise without taking a long flight since the Bahamas are located just off the coast of Florida. There are direct flights from Charlotte that get you in the Bahamas in as little as 2 hours and 15 minutes!
- The Bahamas are made up of over 700 different islands.
- The Nassau/Paradise Island airport (NAS) is by far the easiest to get to from cities in the USA.
- Nassau (NAS) and Freeport (FPO) have large airports that receive large jets while most of the other islands, like Exuma (GGT), are served by smaller aircrafts.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure you are looking at the right airport for the right resort, i.e., you can’t fly into Freeport or FPO and book a resort in Nassau.
Sandals Royal Bahamian and Sandals Emerald Bay
Sandals Royal Bahamian and Sandals Emerald Bay are both incredible resorts in their own way. Each Sandals property has their own personality. It all depends on what you’re looking for. Personally, I’ve never seen more beautiful water than at Emerald Bay. They are beautiful resorts for adult couples only and were designed for romance! Choose Sandals Emerald Bay if you are looking more for a unique off the beaten path resort with a perfect beach. Sandals Royal Bahamian is a better choice for those who want to enjoy casinos (next door) and nightlife. Plus Sandals Royal Bahamian has a private island, which is one of my favorite places to relax in the entire Caribbean. It’s so peaceful and full of ZEN on the backside. Talk about a great place to curl up and read a book.
Here’s the breakdown of the two properties in the Bahamas:
- Sandals Emerald Bay, 183
- Sandals Royal Bahamian, 403
A Few Bahamas & Sandals Fun Facts
- The official language is English. (I get asked often about the different languages in the Caribbean. FYI, Sandals builds on English speaking islands.)
- The Bahamas are technically just northeast of the Caribbean.
- Nassau is the capital city of the Bahamas; it’s located on New Providence Island.
- Great local bargains are available at the Straw Market in Nassau. (Definitely plan a shopping day there, it’s a fun experience and great place to get souvenirs for the family.)
- Nassau and Paradise Island are connected by two 600 foot bridges.
- Atlantis Resort hosts the largest casino in the Caribbean (which is right next door and you can see it from the Sandals Royal Bahamian gym).
- The departure tax is approximately $15/pp.
- All butler suites include a private Rolls Royce or Mercedes Benz airport transfer w/ Sandals at Royal Bahamian.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian is known as “The Bahamas Most elegant Resort.”
- Sandals Emerald Bay is known as the “Ultimate Golf & Spa Resort.”
- Sandals Emerald Bay has a stunning 1 ½ mile beach.
- There is a 10 minute airport transfer for both properties.
- All USA departing flights will pre-clear USA customs & immigration in Nassau.
- Nassau has a welcome lounge in the lower lobby of the airport for you to check-in for transfer to the resort.
- Royal Bahamian has a PRIVATE offshore island.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian offers 10 restaurants, including Gordon’s Restaurant.
- Dolphin Swim from Nassau
- Nassau Sub Adventures
- Island Buggy Adventure Nassau
- Half Day Deep Sea Fishing in Nassau
- Nassau Wine Luncheon Experience
- Nassau Chocolate and Spirit Experience
- Nassau Culinary Academy Experience
- Dolphin Program Observer
- Dolphin Encounter from Nassau
- Snorkeling in Nassau Bahamas
- Two Tank Shark Dive
- Nassau Sunset Cruise
- Nassau Sail and Snorkel
- Bahamas Flamingo & Lory Parrot Experience
- Exuma Cay Ocean Safari
- 007 Thunderball Luxury Tour
- Bahamas Bone Fishing Expedition
- Taste of the Island
- Top Adventure in Exumas is swimming with the Pigs (you can do from RB but is a FULL day trip)
- Castaway Getaway
- Moriah Sea Park Adventure
- Honeymooner’s Island Picnic
Knot Your Average Events
Based in Whitsett, NC | Serving Worldwide
Phone: (910) 617-2271
Hours of Operation
Mon: 11am - 4pm (EST)
Tues: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Weds: 10am - 12pm (EST)
Thurs: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Fri: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Sat: Events or by appointment
Sun: By appointment only