Toes in the Sand
I think it truly is the people and culture of Jamaica as to why I travel to this island the MOST! And being only 3 hours away on a direct flight from Charlotte is a bonus. I mean who doesn’t want to have their toes in the sand by lunch time today?
3 Main Areas:
- Best beaches, including 7 Mile Beach and Bloody Bay Beach
- West coast – the water is calmer and clearer and the sunsets are amazing
- The capital of laid back
- We combine South West Coast with Negril
2. Montego Bay
- Where the international airport is located
- Tourist hub of Jamaica
- Best nightlife (the “Hip Strip”)
3. Ocho Rios
- A mixture of beaches, shopping, and sight-seeing trips
- Close to the world famous Dunn’s River Falls
- Best area for island explorers
- We combine Runaway Bay with Ocho Rios
- Golf on resort
Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean
Montego Bay and Royal Caribbean are best for your quick weekend getaways because they are right by the airport. But if the sounds of a plane overhead isn’t your vision of paradise, we’ve got several other resorts within an hour or more to the airport. I personally love all of the food options at Montego Bay (all of my personal favorites at one resort) but the private island at Royal Caribbean is where I love relaxing in a private cabana and lounging in the sun.
- Montego Bay has a 5-minute airport transfer while Royal Caribbean has a 10 minute airport transfer.(BMW private transfer to/from airport with Elite butler and club level rooms.)
- These two resorts have access to 21 restaurants between the two properties, LOTS of bars including an overwater bar called Latitudes and one on the private island.
- Beach Club Atmosphere: Lively and social with a private beach.
- There is an overwater chapel and indoor air conditioned wedding chapel on resort plus a bridal suite.
- Montego Bay is a newly renovated property with a main swim-up pool, gym, spa, and restaurants. And Royal Caribbean is steadily adding new rooms and suites…stay tuned!
Sandals Ochi Beach Club
If you want a large resort, our first recommendation would be Sandals Ochi Beach Club with 529 rooms. This is a fabulous choice for destination weddings because you have several Sandals properties close by, including a Beaches for families. Golfers? Sandals Ochi Beach Club, which is closest to the Sandals Golf and Country Club is our #1 recommendation. Golf greens fees and transfers are included. The course is right on the property!
Ochi Beach Club
- Ochi Beach has an airport transfer: 1 hour & 45 minutes (worth the drive!)
- 16 restaurants & 11 bars
- 3 distinct experiences, exciting Beach Club, Rock Climbing Wall
- Only Speakeasy Bar in the Sandals brand
- “A hip beach club with high-energy vibe & daily entertainment”
- Has an over the water wedding chapel
Beaches Ocho Rios for Families
- 3 distinct villages – Greek, French, Caribbean
- 7 dining options & 7 bars
- Pirates Island Water Park featuring 11 new slides, Golf Green Fees, and Transfers included Complimentary Golf Clinic for kids
- All Beaches Resorts’ Sesame Street Characters plus Oscar the Grouch
Sandals Dunn’s River & Beaches Runaway Bay coming soon!
Sandals Royal Plantation
Looking for an intimate luxury property? Sandals Royal Plantation is your best choice. The resort has only 74 suites, all with an ocean view, and amazing food and service. You can also go to Sandals Ochi Beach Club anytime you like, which is just a 5 minute walk or short 1 minute shuttle ride away.
- Only 74 suites so more intimate
- Airport transfer: 1 hour & 45 minutes (worth the drive!)
- Access to 16 restaurants (5 on resort) & 2 bars, 1 main smaller pool
- Caribbean’s only champagne & caviar bar (extra charge)
- Beach butler service (no wheelchair access)
- Golf greens fees and transfers included plus close to LOTS of excursions
- Known for the Villa Plantana- 3 couples can split this villa, comes with private beach area & beach cabana, private pool & hot tub, private entrance, plus a private chef and butlers
Sandals South Coast
Looking for unique and off the beaten path? Sandals South Coast sits on 50 acres of unspoiled southwest coast in Jamaica. The resort is surrounded by a 500 acre nature preserve and has 2 miles of gorgeous beach.
- 9 restaurants & 7 bars including an overwater bar called Latitudes
- Has an overwater chapel and known for its over-the-water bungalows
- All rooms offer ocean views (except new rondovals)
- First resort to offer swim-up Rondoval w/ semi private pools too
- 2 miles of pristine beach (private beach)
- Pickleball on property
Sandals & Beaches Negril
- Known for their incredible sunsets and 7 mile beach
- Little over an hour airport transfer
- 7 dining options and 5 bars
- Located close by which is great for destination weddings and family reunions)
- Hour and 15 minute airport transfer
- Situated on the widest stretch of Negril’s famed 7 mile beach
- 9 restaurants on property & 7 bars
- YoYo’s, Sweeties & Doggies (all bonus dining options)
- Pirate Island Water Park w/ Lazy River
- Oscar the Grouch joins the Sesame Street characters
A Few Jamaica Fun Facts
- Jamaica is the 3rd largest English speaking country in the Americas, behind U.S.A. and Canada.
- Currency is the Jamaican dollar, but American dollars are widely accepted.
- Jamaica is the birthplace of Reggae Music, the legendary Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Shaggy and Sean Paul.
- Jamaica’s Blue Mountains produce some of the best coffee in the world.
- Ian Fleming wrote most of his 007 novels in Jamaica at Goldeneye Resort in Ocho Rios.
- Most Jamaicans speak fluent English, as well as Patois, which is a Creole mixture of several languages.
- Errol Flynn was credited with bringing tourism to Jamaica, because he used to bring his friends to raft the rivers on banana boats.
- Jamaica’s motto is “Out of many, one people”, due to being a melting pot of cultures from Africa, Asia, Europe, and America.
- Jamaica’s name is derived from the Taino Indian word, Xaymaca, which translates to “land of wood and water” or “land of springs”.
- Yeah Mon: Hello, Goodbye, How are you doing, What’s up, Yes, Maybe, I don’t know, I’m not sure
- No problem: It’s not a problem, Don’t worry, Thank you, You’re welcome, I don’t know, I’m on it, We’ll ignore that
- Wawd a Gwawn: What’s going on, What’s up
- Bottle of chilled sparkling wine
- Turn down service with rose petals on the first night
- Breakfast in bed one morning with fresh flowers
Knot Your Average Events
Based in Whitsett, NC | Serving Worldwide
Phone: (910) 617-2271
Hours of Operation
Mon: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Weds: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Thurs: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Fri: 11am - 7pm (EST)
Sat: Events or by appointment
Sun: By appointment only