There are right and wrong ways of wedding planning from the “YES” during the proposal to the “I DO” during your ceremony. Understanding what to do and what not to do can help your wedding run smoothly. If you remember these few simple etiquette rules, you will have no problems on your wedding day.
- Traditional etiquette dictates that a man should ask for permission from the bride’s father before proposing.
- Tradition calls for the bride’s family to pay for the majority of wedding expenses.
- If a few people challenge your choice to serve alcohol, kindly remind them that it’s your wedding and you hope they’ll be respectful of the celebration you’ve planned.
- No set rule tells you how many bridesmaids or groomsmen you have to have.
- Everyone will have an opinion of what looks best on you; be sure to thank them graciously for their input, but, ultimately, which dress you wear on your wedding day is your decision.
- Whether you decide to have children or not, stick to that decision. Don’t make exceptions for some guests and not others. Doing so is a sure way to hurt feelings.
There is so much more on proper etiquette. Be sure to check out our pinterest board for more information about Wedding Etiquette.